Submitted by Ambitious_Risk_9460 t3_1088bcx in personalfinance

Just got the news of a layoff with a notice period and few months severance. kind of paralyzed with decisions to make:

  1. look for jobs immediately, leave if I get an offer even if I forgo severance or don’t get laid off. This way I get more shots at landing an offer.

  2. wait until I get a notice which allows me to collect severance. If I’m laid off, start looking immediately.

On the finance side, I got about 6 months of emergency fund which gives a decent safety net in addition to the severance. Savings goals will take a hit but that’s expected in case of unemployment.

EDIT: Notices haven’t gone out, so I don’t know if I’m laid off.



You must log in or register to comment.

There's nothing here…