dej95135 t1_jaadmfh wrote

Hire a structural engineer to make sure your walls are structurally sound, check the windows and door frames as stated elsewhere in this thread, and make sure the roof and deck, if there is one, are in good condition and not in need of replacing or repair. Have the joists in the roof checked also. A regular home inspector will not be able to give guidance on structural issues for the most part, and for a couple hundred more, you can have it done by a licensed structural engineer. The extra money spent is worth it considering you could end up paying thousands in repairs.